This Policy describes our privacy practices regarding:
Children under 18
Information collected through our services
Information we may obtain from other sources
How we use the information we collect
How we disclose the information and your related opt-out choices
Your opt-out choices
Sites to which we link
How to correct or update your information
Security, retention and storage of information
Children under 18:
Our services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 18 to provide us any personally identifying information. If you are under 18, please do not register for or use any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Information Collected through Our Services:
The information we gather through our Services falls into three categories and are described in greater detail below:
- Information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, participate in promotions or surveys, submit comments or questions, or otherwise provide us information in order for us to deliver our Services or products, or otherwise communicate with us or others through the Services.
- Information we obtain from third parties, including vendors, affiliates and other entities with whom we have a relationship.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information.
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, email address, username and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which communications you would like to receive. We may also ask for certain demographic information from you, such as your primary business, job title, job function, purchasing authority, etc.
When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized database of ours so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well, if allowable by law. In addition, when you use various aspects of our Services, we may ask you for personally identifying information, including when you purchase products or services, or when you complete a survey, make an inquiry or, report a problem with our Services.
We may also collect contact information for other individuals when you use the sharing and referral tools available within some of our Services to forward content or offers to your friends and associates, as may be allowable by law. We use this information to facilitate the communications that you request. Please note that if you use any sharing features of our Services, your email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services.
We or any third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
- The web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our content such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The site you visited before visiting any one of our websites and the site you visited after visiting our website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Personalization and Tracking Technologies.
Like most website and mobile application operators, we, our service providers and/or other third parties acting on our behalf or with our permission, use embedded scripts, “cookies,” web beacons, device identifiers and other tracking technologies to operate, analyze, improve and protect the security of our Services and tailor content and advertising to user interests. Third-party companies, like Google Analytics, that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Services also may use tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our Services.
In other words, cookies are assessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on our services, so they can recognize you (your internet browser) as you search and navigate online. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services.
Social Network Posting Tools and “Share” Features.
Information We May Obtain from Other Sources:
We may combine any information collected through the Services with other information that we obtain about you, your computer, and/or device from other companies and sources, including third-party data suppliers and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-visible data, such as your posts and submissions to blogs, video-sharing services, and other interactive forums; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we or they collect about you to:
- Customize the content you see when you use our Services and other services as you navigate online;
- Analyze, operate and improve our Services, and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you email;
- Help recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services;
- Enable you to participate in certain features;
- Recognize the same users as they access online or mobile services using multiple browsers or devices and deliver to them appropriate interest-based content and advertising;
- Provide you with special offers, promotions and information in accordance with applicable law;
- Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications;
- Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting;
- Understand whether our users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement (if any);
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices:
Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Services or as may be prohibited by law, we may share any information collected through our Services, including without limitation your name and postal address (and any other information we combine with that information), with our affiliated companies, our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party organizations and marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. The following describes some of the circumstances in which we may share information about our users:
- As necessary to comply with legal or governmental requests or process;
- To enforce our terms and conditions, protect our rights and the rights and privacy of our users and affiliates, and pursue available remedies or limit damages;
- With our affiliates for business purposes such as processing orders, fulfilling requests, providing customer service, and improving products; or
- To a third party in connection with or during negotiations of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Unless prohibited by law in your jurisdiction or you have instructed us otherwise (either by failing to opt-in or later opting out), we share our users’ email addresses with service providers that send email messages and deliver targeted advertising on our behalf. These service providers may collect data about how you interact with those messages (including information about whether and when you opened a particular message or clicked on a link within a message and the device you used to do so) and analyze it in conjunction with similar information they collect when you respond to emails they send on behalf of their other clients who are not affiliated with us. They use this email response information in combination with your email address to target and optimize the delivery of emails and email advertising they send on our behalf. We may also provide our service providers with lists of our user email addresses in a hashed, encrypted or anonymized form that they use to recognize our users as they navigate online or use third-party email services and enable the delivery of interest-based advertising to those users. We do not authorize our service providers to share your email address with their other clients, and require under contract that they adhere to anti-spam and privacy laws.
Provider Partners and Service Providers.
To make your experience with our Services more useful and enjoyable, we may offer some features (such as social sharing tools) in conjunction with third-party providers (“Provider Partners”) that specialize in operating such services. We share with each of these Provider Partners such information as is useful or necessary to provide you with the services we offer through that Provider Partner. Some of our Provider Partners may collect information directly from you pursuant to their own separate privacy policies which may differ from ours.
We also contract with other companies to provide specialized services to us, including but not limited to marketing, advertising optimization and interest-based targeting, email and text message distribution, data processing, mobile and website analytics, user authentication, security and promotions management. We reserve the right to share with these companies any information we collect about you and/or authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us.
Aggregated and Anonymous Information.
We and our service providers may combine information about you with information that we or they collect about other users of our Services and share it in a form that does not identify you personally. We and our service providers may also anonymize information by removing any information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifying to you. We may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we deem appropriate.
Legal Compliance, Business Transfers and Other Disclosures.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or within our Services, we may occasionally release information about users of our Services when we deem such release appropriate to comply with law, respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, enforce our Terms of Service Agreement (if any) or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our Services, the public, us, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or on our Services, we reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of us.
Your Opt-Out Choices.
You can opt-out from any of our email lists and prevent the collection of related email response information by our email service providers by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message and/or by visiting the Email Preferences page at the bottom of our emails.
Sites to Which We Link:
We also may provide links to other websites or services, and provide access to products and services offered by third parties, whose privacy policies we don’t control.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information:
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personally identifying information that we collect. No security system is impenetrable, however. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
California Consumers’ Rights.
If you are a California resident, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Below is a general description of rights under the CCPA; these rights may not apply under all circumstances or to all categories of personal information.
- The right to know what personal information is being collected and shared, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to have personal information deleted; provided, however, that we shall not be required to comply with a request to delete personal information if it is necessary to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, exercise the right of another consumer to exercise his, her or its right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with applicable law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us; or
- Otherwise use the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of personal information; provided, however, that “sale” shall not include when:
- A consumer uses or directs us to intentionally disclose personal information or uses us to intentionally interact with a third party, provided the third party does not also sell the personal information, unless that disclosure would be consistent with applicable law;
- We use or share an identifier for consumers who have opted out of the sale of their personal information for the purposes of alerting third parties that such consumer has opted out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information;
- We use or share with a service provider personal information necessary to perform a business purpose; or
- We transfer to a third party the personal information of a consumer as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of the business.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us as set forth below. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. For example, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
European Economic Area Residents’ Rights.
Here is a list of the rights that individuals have under European data protection laws. They do not apply in all circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of them, we will explain at that time if they are applicable.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can contact us as set forth below.
Revocation of Consent.
Users have the right to revoke their given consent regarding the use and sharing of their personal information. It is important to note that in some cases such request may not be immediately or fully executed because it is possible that we have a legal obligation to keep using your personal information. Also, you must consider that for certain purposes, the revocation of consent means that we cannot continue providing the services you requested. You can revoke your consent at any time by contacting us as set forth below.
How to Contact us: